I was elated to receive this email – LinkedIn has finally realized that they have the promise and the potential to become a social networking platform, and not simply a “hand-shake” website!
But it didn’t take long to start receiving less than stellar news from each of the apps I tried, which made me ask: do these guys really understand what it takes to succeed in the application arena?
- It has to work! Don’t put half-baked stuff up there!
- Web 2.0 is about self-service – what’s next when it doesn’t work?
- I’m assuming you get the 1-9-90 phenomenon, so what are you doing to engage big advocates like me to test this stuff before your mass release?
- Do you have the support infrastructure to support it?
- You’ll get one chance to create an exceptional experience and unfortunately, today wasn’t it!
I know there are really bright, hard working developers at LinkedIn and each of the respective partner companies, and I commend all of them for extending their reach.
What do you think about LinkedIn Applications?