Here’s something I read that stuck with me this week. It’s from Ethics4Everyone – The Handbook for Integrity-Based Business Practices. It’s the 8-point Ethical Action Test:
- Is it legal?
- Does it comply with our rules and guidelines?
- Is it in synch with our organization’s values?
- Will I be comfortable and guilt free if I do it?
- Does it match our stated commitments and guarantees?
- Would I do it to my family or friends?
- Would I be perfectly Ok with someone doing it to me?
- Would the most ethical person I know do it?
How often do you find yourself taking this test?