Episode 30 of the Curve Benders Podcast on The Profound Rational for Voice with Amy Edmondson, is live. I’ve been a long-time fan of Amy’s work, incorporating her research on the Spectrum of Failure into my book, Return on Impact back in 2012. More recently, we met at the Thinkers 50 annual gala in London, and through the MG100 community, I got a chance to get to know her a little better.
As you’ll hear from our conversation, Amy is incredibly thoughtful in listening for and really trying to understand organizational team dynamics. She’s passionate about studying human interactions, psychological safety, and organizational learning. Her books, which I’d highly recommend are listed below:
- Teaming: How organizations learn, innovate and compete in the knowledge economy (Jossey-Bass, 2012)
- Teaming to Innovate (Jossey-Bass, 2013)
- Extreme Teaming (Emerald, 2017)
- Building the future: Big teaming for audacious innovation (Berrett-Koehler, 2016)
- And her latest book, Fearless Organization: Creating Psychological Safety in the Workplace for Learning, Innovation, and Growth (Wiley, 2019)
In this episode, I also read an excerpt from chapter one of my forthcoming book, Curve Benders (Wiley, 2021). You’ll find a part of it in our blog at NourGroup.com/Blog, and the rest in Nour Forum.
I also turn the show notes from these podcasts into more in-depth articles, so check them out in our Free, Member-Based community, Nour Forum. Join us at NourGroup.com/Forum.
Enjoy the podcast,