In her most recent book, Entrepreneurial You, Dorie asks a great question: what does it take to create the career you want? I believe the current global pandemic and the massive labor shift from industries struggling with physical proximity (travel, tourism, restaurants, events, and conferences to name a few) are going to force more people to become more entrepreneurial, self-reliant, and adapt to a work-from-wherever-you-are economy.
That can be an incredibly liberating force, and many professionals dream of becoming independent, whether by starting their own businesses, becoming consultants or freelancers, or developing a sideline.
Dorie takes that dream and shows you how! You can begin by downloading her Recognized Expert Self-Evaluation Toolkit from her website.
A special thanks to Alex Lazarus from the UK for the cool pic of her checking out the Curve Benders podcast. Send me a similar one of you and we’ll feature it in a future session. I welcome your comments and recommendations on potential future guests – email email@example.com.
By the way, we have several fantastic webinars coming up, including:
- This Friday, May 1st at 7:30 AM ET – Great Place to Work® Asia – Agile Alignment, Digital Collaboration, and Co-Creation in the current times
- Next Tuesday, May 5th at 3 PM ET – Disruptive Agility: Five Accelerators of Agile Leadership with Henna Inam
- Wednesday, May 6th at 3 PM ET – Nour Virtual Fireside Chat with Hal Gregerson, Executive Director of the MIT Leadership Center
- Thursday, May 7th at 9 AM ET – Business Over Breakfast with Emory Executive Education Series on Strategy Visualization and Agile Alignment
- Thursday, May 7th at Noon ET – “Co-Create”: How Collaboration will Fuel the Field Service New Norm in COVID-19 World with Service Council
- Tuesday, May 12 at 2 PM ET – Agile Alignment: Redefining The Association Member Experience with Elisa Pratt
- Thursday, May 21 at 12:30 PM ET – MPI Rocky Mountain Chapter – Digital Etiquette – Leading Remote Teams with Agile Alignment
I hope you’ll make time to join us.
Be safe and lead well visually,